Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Childhood Memory Restored

When I was a little girl, I did not have the privilege of knowing our glorious God. I was baptized as an infant and we went into a friend's church when I was 6 or 7 a handful of times, but I don't think we actually went to a service.

Tonight as I was reading the Bible and praying with my kids, I had a picture of a conversation that Jesus might have had with me back when I was 6 or 7. At that time, I remember it seemed like media everywhere treasured blue eyes and blonde hair. It was heartbreaking...I thought I was automatically ugly because I had brown hair and brown eyes. I wished that my eyes were blue and that my hair was blonde, and I hated a little girl in my class who was endowed with both.

"Dear little one, why are you so sad and angry? Do you know how much I love you? Did you know that I made you just exactly the way you are because I knew it would be perfect? I gave you those brown eyes because they are in My image. And I gave you that brown hair because it is in My image. And the little girl in your class, she is made perfect in My image too. The world may not seem like it has enough love for both of you, but I do. So My precious little one, do not covet what your sister has for what I have given you is just as special and just as beautiful. And do not hate her because I have enough love for both of you."  

No comments:

Post a Comment